Dexel, a division of the Lawen Group, is a family owned design-build development firm located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Dexel oversees the operations of Dexel Developments Limited and Dexel Architecture, managing all aspects of project development from preliminary design to the final building commissioning and occupancy phase.
Responsible for overall leadership of multi-unit residential construction to ensure timely completion of deliverables during various stages of projects. Working on multiple projects while managing all aspects of construction from tendering through to turnover.
- Develop and implement project safety plan, and ensure policies, procedures, and standards are followed.
- Obtain appropriate permits and licenses from authorities and mitigate environmental or community issues
- Oversee and execute quality control programs to ensure high quality standards.
- Build and maintain construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Determine and allocate needed resources to ensure availability throughout the projects
- Establish and control the project reporting structure and provide status reports for project performance
- Review and approve vendor drawings and progress billings for construction and design professionals
- Understand and enforce contracts/contract documents and resolves disputes.
- Manage all change orders, including negotiating, processing, and assessing cost and schedule impact.
- Participate in overall project closeout, including document archival, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, and warranty work.
Education / Training:
- Engineering or Construction relation degree/diploma and/or
- Construction Management Technologies Diploma
- PMP designation
- Ten Years’ experience in Multi-unit residential (apartment or condos) construction
- Five years’ Project Management
- On-site Construction
Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, MS Project, MS Excel
- Familiar with design build practices and procedures
- Knowledge of contracting, construction management, design, procurement and scheduling
- Detailed knowledge of building components, detail and design
- Understanding of materials, take offs and estimating
- Extensive knowledge of workplace health and safety regulations
- Analytical and detail orientated thinker
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Process and methodology orientation
- Strong, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage, inspire and manage the performance of others
- Proven ability to fully commit to project from concept to completion
- Organization and strong problem-solving skills
- Manage schedules, competing priorities and interdependencies
- Power to meet deadlines in an intense but collaborative environment
- Ability to influence, be flexible and exhibit great tact and composure under pressure
As the successful candidate, you will be joining an entrepreneurial organization that has developed some of the most recognizable and creative residential buildings in Halifax. You will have the opportunity to be a part of construction projects that will shape the city’s future, and you will be rewarded with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit a current resume and cover letter here.
While we do appreciate all applicants interest in the position, only those selected to move on to the interview process will be contacted.